Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Have you ever been to St.Georgen? I have!

Yesterday. My documentation is now online. I've also worked on the documentation of some other exhibitions I've seen this year . Please have a look at my exhibition archive, now linked to f&art. My "real" website will also be online soon. There you'll find information about what I do when I'm not online - besides, eating, sleeping and shopping ;-)

St. Georgen is a little town somewhere in the middle of nowhere (Blackforest in the south of Germany). I got there by train and it took hours but the countryside was quite impressive! The Graesslin family got wealthy by manufacturing clockdevices. In the 80s the four children Bärbel, Thomas, Sabine and Carola started to continue the art collection their parents had started, but with a much more contemporary approach. They're all somehow connected to the artworld. Bärbel Grässlin runs a gallery in Frankfurt. Sabine Grässlin is the owner of the restaurant Kippys, named after Martin Kippenberger who used to live in St. Georgen for quite some time. Carola Grässlin is the director of the Kunsthalle Baden-Baden.

Although they're quite international, the collection never left St. Georgen as a whole. They've built an exhibition hall and use vacant shops to exhibit their treasures. Please have a closer look at their website.

Thomas Grässlin (who wears suspenders!) and his very Pradaesque (bag, boots, coat and scarf (miumiu)) wive guided us through St. Georgen which was very very interessting although it rained all the time (I wore my Hunters!).

Please visit my deocumentation here.

No comments:

Post a Comment