Wednesday, February 14, 2007

London Fashion week part 01

Since beeing up to date in the art AND in the fashion world is a fulltime job (and I have lots of other things to do) I'm always a little bit late with my comments on the new collections. I hope you don't mind, if you're even interessted!? You'll find the really interessting behind-the-scene stuff on style bubble anyway.
Well...

Duro Olowu
Some of you already knwo that my mother's from Nigeria and so is Duro Olowu and that's why his prints instantly reminded me of those huge traditional dresses my mother has in her wardrobe and which fascinated me since my childhood. I love seeing african inspired fashion on the runways. February's German Vogue had an editorial called African Art featuring some really nice clothes for spring and summer. Please give me more stuff like that.

Erdem
I didn't like the whole collection that much, but I somehow felt attracted to this coat.










Peter Jensen

Nothing I would actually wear but fun to look at. I would be totally impressed if a women wearing a piece of the Peter Jensen aw 07 collection would cross my way. Guess I would be impressed if she'd wear anything of Peter Jensen. I love him, but I somehow wouldn't wear him (the same with Yohji Yamamoto!).

Todd Lynn
Boyish and somehow too boyisch for me to wear. But I loved this two pieces and especially the leather jacket!
MORE.




Topshop

When is a topshop going to open in Germany? Maybe Hamburg or Berlin that would be very nice. Please? Woa and I loved the belts!!! MORE.



part 2 will come later this day!

Credit:
style.com and scannes from Vogue Deutsch

No comments:

Post a Comment