Monday, July 23, 2007

Danilo Buccella

04

Since I finished my art theory studies - and especially Clement Greenberg's modernism theory - I really have a problem with painting. What actually is it supposed to be? I somehow can't find a matter in it anymore. This definitely is just a phase/crisis (?), but I'm living it right through at the moment. But nevertheless I still love a lot of contemporary paintings and be it just for the sake of aesthetics.

01

At scope art fair basel this year, I dicovered the work of Danilo Buccella via Vanina Holasek Gallery from New York.

02

I'm totally blown away by the Tim Burton like ghostly femmes, very stylish, fragile and deep. I can't stop looking at those pictures and they are even better in real, I tend to be soaked up into them, dreamlike... oh they are so poetic, undescribable...

03
06
05

more pictures

Credit: piccola galleria

No comments:

Post a Comment