Tuesday, May 1, 2007

QUALITY STREET ::: fine art fair frankfurt

My friend Kate and I have been to the fine art fair frankfurt (which took place between April 13th and 15th) a couple of weeks ago. This year it was called "Quality Street" (yes, named after that british sweets I hate so much!) and a sculputers only fair. 48 international galleries showed "off works" by 90 artists from the 20th and 21st centuries. The conventional trade fair architecture had been almost entirely done away with the presentation of the sculptures. The works were shown in a darkened hall without stand walls, and illuminated in a stage like style. A lounge in the centre of the hall served as a meeting place and information hub. The responsible architects are from the berlin based company kühn/malvezzi (Wilfried Kühn actually is my professor...). Definitely a unconventional kind of art fair!!! Please visit the fair's website for further information or my website for more pictures.

I've found this interview with the fair founder and galerist Michael Neff on youtube. Please don't mind the funny german accent of the interviewer ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment