Wednesday, May 9, 2007

THE FACE ::: Chapter & Verse ::: September 1997

As someone who studied the history of art I'm always happy to recognize familiar "faces"... One of my most favourite fashion editorials ever is one that has been published 1997 in THE FACE (rip). At that time I was a real sucker for THE FACE Magazine and used a lot of their fashion spreads to wrap my (school) books in (shame on me!). Today most of the pictures are gone ;-( but fortunately I somehow saved most of the pictures of my favourite spread although they look kind of "used". I scanned all of them earlier today and posted them to my livejournal. Does anyone of you know this editorial and probably has the missing pictures and would scan them for me!? I would really appreciate it ♥

The second picture shows Gabrielle d'Estrées and one of her sisters. It was painted by an unknown master of the Fontainebleau School around 1595. Oil on Canvas, 96 x 125 cm located at the Musée du Louvre, Paris.

And do you know which work my favourite picture adapts (it looks like that because I used to wrap my bible in it...)?

Credit: wga.hu

No comments:

Post a Comment