Tuesday, May 22, 2007

032c

There do excist so many fashion and art (= culture?) related magazines that it's really hard to have a general survey. I've linked many in my sidebar on the right, but linking all the magazines I come across would go beyond the scope of this blog - so not linking one doesn't mean that I don't like the magazine, it's somehow simply that either I don't know the magazine or simply had to compromise in terms of space. But from time to time I get hold of a new (to me at least) interessting magazine.

Last week I received an email from 032c promoting their 13th issue. Well 13th? I haven't heard of the 12 previous issues... What a shame, since 032c is a really cool magazine and somehow my blog in a print version, since they deal with my subjects but in a much more professional way of course!

The most anticipated release for the summer has also proved to be the most surprising one: 032c magazine, already an established leader in design and known for its elegant minimalism, has brought in Cologne-based art director Mike Meiré (brand eins, Kid's Wear, BMW, Dornbracht) for its 13th issue. The provocative outcome has ushered in a break from the norm with an "anti-feuilleton design," as Meiré and editor Joerg Koch have called it. This is a bold move from the German magazine, which has inspired a number of imitators in recent years. [...] With fashion designer Hedi Slimane, industrial designer Konstantin Grcic and Vanity Fair's Todd Eberle on board, 032c's list of contributors is distinct in its diversity. (The Wall Street Journal, May 20th, 2007)

Since the website doesn't give much information on what the magazine really is about I was even happier to find an 032c issue in my mailbox the other day. I love well done magazines with a little twist and althought the binding isn't extraordianary it's different and I like it. Mike Meiré has done a really great job. Similar to purpe fashion magazine 032c doesn't have only one sort of paper, depending on the topic it differs between plain thick paper and high gloss. O.k. enough about the design - well I'm a sucker for really nice paper!!!

The 13th issue is about Energy Experimentation ans somehow is an "exhibition" containing fashion, art and textual works on that topic. Amongst the contributers are Anselm Reyle, Werner Herzog, Jonathan Meese, Niklas Maak, Hedi Slimane, Konstantin Grcic, Roger M. Buergel, Eva Karcher and Melissa Bradshaw. And even the fashions spreads don't consist of boring models hanging around bored. They show some new and some better known faces (Cintia Dicker par example) and are what I'd call decadent (the items used, the settings...).

Want more? Please click HERE

Credit: 032c.com

No comments:

Post a Comment