Monday, April 16, 2007

Making of THE FLUR part 03 ::: THE OPENING

The opening of the flur has been a huge success!!! I thank all my passionate readers for their support. I really needed it, but at last it all turned out to be really great! Carolin’s exhibition at my hall ("FLUR" in German) has a history which I will tell in another post...
On Thursday I had a little press conference for the local newspaper and radio. Two very kind women – whom I already knew from my work at the Heidelberger Kunstverein - came and wrote some nice articels which have been published on Friday – the day of my opening which finally attracted around 50 people (and my flat is realy small!) and many people I didn’t know (besides some of my friends, my family, my boyfriend’s parents and the artist’s boyfriend and parents!).
I served beer (Eiszäpfle), Bionade (do you know that non alcoholic drink abroads?) and later some sparkling wine and Bolte from Bourgeois Pig (a really nice gallery, design shop, concept store thing just around the corner) spun records (some jazzy stuff, very excellent).
The Vernissage lasted until 2am, which is really a long time for an exhibition opening!!! The people enjoyed the private atmosphere and stayed. I'll upload the radio spot, newspaper article and some more pictures on FLUR later this day. I'd alslo love to thank susie bubble, flypaper, life in a venti cup and milkshake chocolate for their journalistic support ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment