Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Jean Baudrillard...

...died today. The cultural theorist, philosopher, political commentator, and photographer died in Paris today after suffering illness. His work is frequently associated with postmodernism and post-structuralism. I'm really sad to hear about it since some friends of mine published a magazine on his "Simulacrum" thesis recently. He somehow was present the last couple of months and even (I hope I'm not wrong!) wrote an article for my friends magazine!? Well. we all are getting older and more and more (famous) people around us are dying... Uh that sounds quite sentimental, doesn't it?
Actually Baudrillard is still on my reading list. Read more about him here. He definitely is/was one of the most important theorists of our times and a must read for every deep fashion lover (who's interessted in why thing are the way they are or seem to be...).

Credit: grlucas.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment