Monday, August 6, 2007

rosa mosa ::: shoes shoes shoes

01photo © Anja Hitzenberger

I have a strange love for strange shoes. I always was the girl with the „ugliest“ (well that’s what the others said) shoes in schoolyard (no need to mention that they definitely were the most expensive ones). I saved all my money to buy the strangest shoes I could find (I was much easier at that time because I was addicted to all kinds of fancy sneakers and they definitely come in larger sizes…). Today I live much more thrifty not because of a burned down love for certain shoes (huhu Balenciaga…) but rather because of the lack of larger shoe sizes (my shoe interessed has devoloped from (skater) sneakers to more feminine kind of shoes troughout the years and they rarely come in a size 42). Sidenote: I would buy the Balenciaga Lego shoes and put them in my shelf just to look at them if I could afford them…

A couple of weeks ago I was contacted by a Vienna based PR Company representing the shoe label rosa mosa amongs others. Well, some people just write me emails and ask me for promotion. If I like the product I definitely do that, so in the case of rosa mosa.

rosamosa_portrait_2
rosamosa_portrait_1
photo © Martin Stoebich for departure

The shoe design team consists of the Austrian Simone Springer and the Japanese Yuji Mizobuchi. Simone graduated from academy of fine arts in Vienna/ Austria (MA), Yuji studied buddhist philosophy in kyoto/ japan (which sounds really interessting to me!). Both designers met when they both did a course in footwear/ accessories at Cordwainers College/ London. Initially their bags and shoes were exclusively sold as single pieces made entirely by hand. Since 2004 they both relocated in Vienna.

rosa mosa | Autumn/Winter 2007/2008
04
Edwina
03

Agatha
02
Andrea
photo © Doris Erben

Starting from July 2007, their much anticipated rosa mosa Autumn/Winter 07/08 collection will be available in selected international stores and boutiques. The designers continue (well that’s what they do!) to give their quirky spins on Austrian traditional crafts by working closely with skilled regional craftsmen to express modernity in fashion.

"We are here to experiment and invent, " said Simone Springer. "Our design translates traditional shoe handicraft into modern stylistic dialogue infused with Japanese elements."

Some shoes from the new collection, such as Anni and Edwina, are made of patched carpets hand-woven in Salzburg. Thick, naturally colored cowhides in shades of burgundy, black, dark brown, and brandy, together with minimal seams and sole-layering techniques, accentuates the clean and provocative look for this season. Their funky clogs use innovative oiled wooden soles implanted with PU core.

12

From development to production, the designers consciously source and work with local Austrian suppliers and manufacturers. rosa mosa's leather is predominantly colored with the chrome-free vegetable tanning method. Coating and bleaching techniques mastered by Austian tanners also help to achieve the exotic colors and textures in leather, which sounds really eco to me!


07
1011

Inherited with imaginative details and durability, each pair of rosa mosa shoes bear meticulous characters of handmade shoes available in limited quantity and even better, also available in a size 42!!!

For more information, pictures (especially of past seasons) and international shipping directions please visit rosa mosa’s website.

No comments:

Post a Comment