Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry

11

Strange title for a post on burfitt's autumn/winter 07/08 collection? Please let me explain. Yesterday I've finished reading the last Harry Potter book (it just took me three days...). I would have never considered myself as a huge Harry Potter fan, I even caught me having forgotten about important things while reading The Deathly Hollows. But strangely it felt weired closing the book for the last time (the last 20 pages nearly caused my a heartattack - at least I didn't have to exercise that evening ;-). I somehow lost a friend. Hey, it's over now! There won't be any more books! No more waiting fo the next one to come!

12

If this post would be on beeing tagged I would confess that I had a "witch" phase during my teenage times. You might think that modern witches are simply weired outsider girls creating their own world around them, a world where they actually count in. Well, might be. I considered myself as a cool witch (guess that's what everyone in that case does?), or at least as someone who could have been one. I was totally interessted in modern witchcraft (not so much in the wicca "cult"...), but well actually not in that way it is described in Harry Potter. I still own tons of books on that topic and I used to celebrate all the witch and wizard holidays - so I actually think that Harry and his friends didn't went home for christmas rather than for Yule... Uhuh - well that's enough on Mr. Potter so far... Let's come to the point!

13

I so much love the current Burfitt campaign. The solitude, the woods, the mysteriosity (?). It so much reminds me of the feeling I get while thinking of my "witchcraft days". These contemplating, melancholic times, spending hours in deserted woods, beeing with nature, sitting by a fire, meditating. This collection seemes to be the clothing for that particular felling, like an endless autumn, foggy fields, freshest air... I'd love to make a movie out of this particular feeling!

14
Credit all @ burfitt.com

No comments:

Post a Comment