Wednesday, August 8, 2007

ashley watson's recycled leather bags

01

Me and bags… well that’s an interessting story. I hardly have any. Not because I don’t love them, I just don’t have the eye for good bags. Sounds weired? Maybe! I never fall for the so called IT bags, mostly I don’t like them. Another reason is that most of the bags I like are simply too expensive. I hate fake leather and a really well done leather bag simply is expensive! So I stick to canvas bags or somehow spezial bags like the ones of netherland designer Susan Bijl.

The other day I found out about Ashley Watson’s recycled leather bags. Based in Vancouver, Canada, she has a fine arts degree from the Nova Scotia College of Art and Design. Prior to starting her current business, Ashley completed a fashion design course in Vancouver, interned in fashion design with Libertine in New York and has worked as a jewelry designer.

02

Ashley Watson Recycled Leather began business in early 2006, and has gained enthusiastic product reviews and a loyal following of delighted retailers and clients in Canada and the United States and is now moving into Europe. Yehah!

The bags mostly consist of leather jackets which are granted a new existence, as contemporary hand bags and accessories by the careful hand and innovative eye of the designer in her Vancouver based studio. Ashley Watson crafts every single one and sells them to really fair amounts. Who needs an IT-BAG anyway?

Please visit her website for more detailed information.

Credit: ashleywatson.net

No comments:

Post a Comment