Saturday, June 2, 2007

art goes heiligendamm

Even if I'm not to most politically committed person there do exist some things besides fashion and art I concern myself with. Although I won't be in Heiligendamm for this year's g8 protest marchs I'd like to envince my full support to all the people who will be there fighting against the dark sides of capitalism whereas I personally prefer a peaceful kind of protest (although I see the importance of violence in some cases) like art goes heiligendamm for example.

"ART GOES HEILIGENDAMM responds to the challenge of going to the places where the social movements are, in order to interact with the different participants. The art interventions are intended to allow a "permeability” of action and perception between forms of presentation and representation in art and social movements. The intention of the project is to bridge the gap between the perception of pros and cons, of black and white. It is a matter of permeability and "growth of the present". Art works conceived during the former G8 summits have, until now, almost exclusively been shown within the art context." [...] (website).



The riots are already going on and as always when masses set themselves in motion I fell the energy and get really excited. There's something going on in Germany (in a positive way!!!), a tiny little bit similar to last years worldcup (well more political and more violently but at least some people try to express what they think and stand up against injustice... Do you know what I mean???).



Wow. And I wondered why I couldn't pass Hamburg's Schanzenviertel on Monday (there're great shops just around the corner and some of my favourite cafés. It's actually a great area to live...). Here's the same situation from a different view... That's the place where The Sartorialist took this photo some time ago (well, tough neighbourhood???) ;-)

Credit: Andreas Liebmann/Verena Stenke, Powerpuppen und Mitspieler, 2006 (Performance) © Andreas Liebmann u. Verena Stenke

No comments:

Post a Comment