Sunday, September 23, 2007

robin rhode at haus der kunst munich

01 The performance

Just now I had the time to look through the photos I'd taken during the opening reception of robin's exhibition at the Haus der Kunst in munich where I've been last saturday. They are just a few since I was so busy talking to all the people I met there: Sabinah (robin's "wife" girlfriend quote: "The rock behind the rhode") and parts of her family, Robin's brother and his girlfriend from Southafrica, Robin's aunt and uncle, friend's I've been to the documenta with, Perry Rubenstein (who is very charismatic - see a picture here) and many others.

02 The family

Part of the opening reception was a performace curated by Robin showing a dancer. Unfortunately I was so late, that I only had the chance to see the performance on a screen. The "original" place was so crowded that they didn't let any more people inside. But lucky me I met Robin and could see his performance standing next to him and experience all his excitement ;-)

03 The guy who probably signed to most catalogues that night. No, not Robin, but his brother who looks very similar (Robin is in the back wearing a white shirt).

After the reception we all went to the "infamous" p1 club (see a picture here) which is located right next to the Haus der Kunst. It's the place where all the munich celibrities go to and where it is so hard to get inside. I've heard so many stories about it, that I couldn't resist the chance to take a glimpse, although I'm not so much a fan of "clubs" like that (I've never seen so many Porsches and Mercedeces and Ferraries standing next to each other - well o.k. I've worked for Mercedes twice and my boyfriend used to work for Porsche, but, I guess you know what I mean ;-)

All in all it was a very nice evening and fortunately the munich underground serves all night long so I could get cheap and safely to my sleeping place (omg I always forget how clean, guarded and safe munich is!) on a friends couch in southern munich.

06
05 Robin Rhode, Harvest, 2005

The next day - which was very hot! - I went to the Haus der Kunst again to take some pictures of the exhibition, but I - despite my press pass - wasn't allowed to. They told me that the artists don't like it when people take pictures of their newest works and that I should contact the press office if I wish to have some pictures. Allright. I've seen most of the works before they were exhibited in public anyway. So there are just a few pictures which I took "secretly" ;-)

0704 my favourite piece. Robin Rhode, The Storyteller, 2006 (Videostill)

No comments:

Post a Comment