Tuesday, June 17, 2008

THE HOUSE OF VIKTOR & ROLF

vandr-article
credit: Christopher Moore

Believe it or not, I never had a great thing for dolls. Well of course I had my barbie's and barbie houses, cars, horses, whatever, but deep inside I fell for Lego - the boyish side inside of me. Nevertheless I do like what Viktor & Rolf are doing lately: Designing Victorian-style dolls dressed in Viktor & Rolf designs and doll's houses. "The house of Viktor & Rolf" will be displayed at London's Barbican art gallery from tomorrow on until September 21st.

video-1
background-1
credit: Christopher Moore

"The exhibition is dominated by a gigantic doll house, a graceful structure with Palladian proportions where miniature versions of 15 years of fashion fill the series of rooms on three levels [...] 'The concept is a fashion house that contains their whole world - and of those great fashion moments, like the Russian dolls and the 'Atomic Bomb',' says Jane Alison, the Barbican's senior curator." source

bed-2-1 head-2-1
credit: Christopher Moore

Read the whole story here
AND: Viktor & Rolf are T Magazine's guest bloggers right now. More about that here

No comments:

Post a Comment