Monday, October 8, 2007

THE LOUIS VUITTON KINKY ART PERFORMANCE

01
f06pco1j

Marc Jacobs: "It all came from our collaboration with Richard Prince, who is an artist who appropriates references within his work, which is what we do—which is fine, so long as there are three differences in everything!"
Wow. I don't know what to say. If I would have had to choose only one show to visit during Paris Fashion Week I would have loved to see the closing one by Marc Jacobs for Louis Vuitton. The pictures simply don't do it justice. I was very happy to find a (very crappy) video on youtube for you to enjoy. It was no fashion show, it was an art performance ('by the way, I'm really not fond about the Richard Prince bags. I never liked Louis Vuitton bags anyway'). The show was pure eyecandy. We had grandmasters like Nadja Auermann ('who still is one of my most favourite models ever'), Stepanie Seymour, Eva Herzigova and Naomi Campbell on the runway.
Well and then there was spongebob: "I'm a fan of SpongeBob SquarePants—and for all I know, so is Rei Kawakubo (Comme de Garçons), because that's where our color came from!" O.k. I'm gonna close with this one for today.
///
Marc Jacobs: "Das alles ist auf unsere Kollaboration mit Richard Prince zurückzuführen, der als Künstler sehr viel mit Bezügen arbeitet, genau das, was auch wir tun...".
Wow. Ich weiß kaum, was ich sagen soll. Wenn ich mich für nur eine Show in Paris hätte entscheiden müssen, dann wäre ich am liebsten auf die letzte von Marc Jacobs für Louis Vuitton gegangen. Die Bilder werden dem Spektakel kaum gerecht. Es war keine Fashionshow, sondern eine Kunstperformance und ein wahrer Augenschmaus mit Altmeistern wie Nadja Auermann ('die schon lange zu meinen allerliebsten Models gehört'), Stepanie Seymour, Eva Herzigova and Naomi Campbell auf dem Laufsteg.
Ja und dann war da noch Spongebob: "Ich bin ein Fan von Spongebob - und so wie ich weiß, Rei Kawakubo (Comme de Garçons) auch, was auch erklärt, wo unsere Farben herkommen!" In Ordnung. Kein weiterer Kommentar von mir an dieser Stelle...

70m
Credit: style.com

The hats: L-O-U-I-S-V-U-I-T-T-O-N sorry for the bad quality. But at least it gives us left behind an idea on how amazing the show must have been...
///
Auf den Krankenschwesterhüten steht L-O-U-I-S-V-U-I-T-T-O-N. Entschuldigt bitte die schlechte Qualität. Aber wenigstens bekommen wir Daheimgebliebenen eine Vorstellung davon, wie fantastisch die Show gewesen sein muss...

No comments:

Post a Comment