Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Balenciaga ::: Am I still alive???

01
04
0203
Credit: style.com

Where art meets art. Balenciaga again causes me to interrupt my fashion week absence. Cindy Sherman and Nicolas Ghesquière posing for the photographs - what is this trying to tell us? Nicolas again gives us a bunch of artworks, sculptural shoes, dresses, that demand a huge amount of selfconfidence from its wearer. Do we love that YES YES YES. That's where fashion starts to really get interessting, where it crosses the line from beeing just clothing and as always I think that noone does it better than Mr. Ghesquière (well maybe Gareth Pugh, but that's London!!!!).
But stop. I HATE THOSE FLOWER PRINTS, I HATE THEM SO MUCH, THEY ARE TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE!!! And still, I love them. Oh what would I give for wearing that flowery carlike dress for just one night it's so amazingly contradictory. And although it reminds us of all these gucci (dolce&gabbana - who the f*** are they) crapp armors we had two seasons ago, we feel that this is simply more... Am I still alive?

No comments:

Post a Comment