Saturday, April 29, 2006

Guess I've lost my umbrella...

I'm one of these persons who tend to constantly loose their umbrellas. That's the reason why I don't have one and even if I had one I wouln't take it with me because I know I would leave it somewhere. My last umbrella was acutually stolen - no joke. I left it in a cafe and just outside on the street I realised that I must have left it inside, rushed back and it already was gone. I really liked that one...

So Bill Cunningham from the New York Times tells us that the "new generation has nothing to do with umbrellas or trench coats". I wouldn't say that! I've just posted a whole trenchcoat report in my streetstyle section a couple of weeks ago. Most of the photos were taken by The Sartorialist in NYC. So the "hoody-thing" might only be a younger girls thing...

So where're the umbrellas? The ones ment as fashion statement. Or is the umbrella the forgotten accessory, the one which just doens't go with fancy little spring styles!? This question inspired me to start a litte internet research on this question. Tray6 is a new design company intent on combining fashion and function to create high-quality, high-design products. Their umbrellas are quite nice, but still quite usual. Much more interesting is a Japanese site called gendaiya (unfortunately only in japanese) selling traditional japanese models.

Bless are known for their ability to reinvent everyday products. So the umbrella of course was one of these items. Or what about a tiny little one for your purse? You can store your Knirps in a nice little fashionable fur case. Visit their website (soon also in english!) for more suggestions...

At least I hope there'll be no necessity this summer to think of which umbrella to buy. I guess I'll stick to my strategy to stay inside until it stopped raining. So no hood would damage my hairdo and no water either ♥


No comments:

Post a Comment