Thursday, May 25, 2006

Nature vs Future

Unfortunately my Italian isn't that good, so for me it's very exhausting (having to look up every third word) to read the Italien Vogue. That's why I'm always happy to see a web adress so I can use the internet for additional information. Today I read about a young New York fashion label called Nature vs. Future launched in spring 2002 by Brooklyn born Nina Valenti 6 years after graduating Parsons & designing streetwear. Since I'm more the sporty meets chique type I love this exact mixture in her designs.

"Nina’s designs are a self-generated product of imagination blended with her passions from architecture, furniture, Egyptian art, Radiohead’s music & album covers to De Kooning’s energy on canvas. Valenti’s inspiration is drawn from all that stimulates the senses. Working with the body as the palette, balance, line quality, rhythm & movement are the elements Valenti incorporates into each piece." (Source:Nature vs. Future)

Her designs are available online at Mighty Flirt (highly recommended!) she also sells selected items on her website.

Credit all @ Nature vs Future

No comments:

Post a Comment